Thursday, June 09, 2005


AUTUMN LEAVES- watercolor. Nature is seldom prettier than Fall time. Leaves are at their fullest spectrum. As the roots begin to pull the nutrients in from the leaves, the color changes and gives us some spectaculer views. Fall was often my favorite season as a youngster. It made me feel alive. I still love being out of doors. (Joyce Kilmer) I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
Posted by Hello

2 comments:

JeR said...

This is my favorite this week. Those Autumn colors grabbing me again. I guess it is still my favorite time of year. The feast of colors before Winter sets in are unbeatable by any other season!

Just Me said...

I like the bold colors